Summary

1. How to change the thumbnail of my project?

2. Can I mark / tag the 3D content?

3. How to use the cropping tool?

4. How to use the watering tool?

5. Can I set the viewing angle and viewing distance limit in Camera Settings?

1. How to change the thumbnail of my project?

First, you need to open the 3D content in setting mode :

In the setting mode, you can freely rotate or move your 3D models just like in normal mode. To take a nice thumbnail image, you can follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to a view point which presents the best view of your 3D model.
  2. Click the Set Thumbnail icon on the right sidebar and the system will take a screenshot of your model.
  3. If you are satisfied with the image, click Set Thumbnail in the popup dialog and set the screenshot as the thumbnail of your model. Or, you can click Cancel, repeat the above steps and re-take a screenshot.

The view point you choose for the thumbnail is also the starting view point of your project when your 3D model is viewed!

2. Can I mark / tag the 3D content?

The setting mode comes with an Annotation functionality, which allows you to mark up the map and provide description in-place. Currently, only the project owner can add annotations to the map, while others can only read the annotations.

1. To start with, open up the viewer in setting mode.
  2. Click Annotations icon on the right sidebar, and a left control panel will appear.
  3. Click Add a Pin on the left sidebar that just appeared, and click to add a point on your 3D map at the place where you want to insert an annotation. In the pop-up dialog, you can write a few words or change the style of the marker point.

You can also embed a video in the annotation. Copy the video code and paste it in Description of the pop-up dialog.

3. How to use the cropping tool?

Our cropping tool modifies the look of 3D models in a non-destructive way. The tool does not change the underlying mesh models, but just masks the parts you don’t want other users to see. Users can reserve the modification anytime without breaking the original 3D models. Hence, the download assets, e.g. obj models, are not modified. To view the cropped models offline, please download our Altizure Desktop and sync your projects.

4. Can I set the viewing angle and viewing distance limit in Camera Settings?

You may change the preset values of camera viewing angles or viewing distances in the Camera Settings card, in the setting mode viewer.

Camera mode comes with two preset values.

Object type is designed for viewing models of small object, enabling you to view from every possible angle including the bottom.

Landscape type is more suitable for models that have a ground plane, as the camera will be restricted to always stay on top of the ground to avoid accidental flipping to the bottom.

Besides these preset modes, you may also pick a certain angle from individual tilt angles by clicking Advanced.

To remove the restrictions on view distances, you may turn off the toggle on View Distance Limits. After that, you can zoom in or zoom out the reconstructed model to any distance.

5. How to correct the orientation of 3D models on Altizure?

To start with, open up the viewer in setting mode. Altizure provides simple tools for user to define the ground plane by selecting three points on a plane.