Altizure Desktop is a desktop application for professional users of Altizure.
It can be freely downloaded from Altizure altizure.com/download, and installed on any of your desktop computers. It is a cross-platform, running either on Windows PCs or Mac PCs. It goes also with a sample data Cheng Yu Tung Building to start.
With Altizure Desktop, you can manage efficiently your professional data, offline and online, locally on your desktop machines and remotely on the altizure.com.
Currently, it is de facto an offline 3D viewer!
You can offline view and browse 3D models stored on your local computer. The local viewing is often much faster as there is no internet bandwidth restriction. This allows you to demonstrate your professional project to your clients in a more convincing manner and even without any internet connection.
The Local contains a list of projects stored in your local computer. You can use Add to Local to add any local projects into this list for viewing.
The Remote lists all your projects on the Altizure cloud under your Altizure account, which are also your My Projects at altizure.com. You can download any of downloadable projects by
clicking the Sync button. Regardless of being private or public, the Pro projects can be synchronized between your local machine and altizure.com.
Upon downloading projects, you are Synchroniz-ing your Pro projects in Remote between your local machine and the Altizure cloud. You can also redistribute the downloaded local projects to others, who can then add these projects to Local with the Add to Local function.
Last but not least, it is intended that this desktop offline viewer could be customized for our professional partners and users. You may send the request to email@example.com, if you are interested in developing customized desktop applications with your own logo embedded.
How to synchronize your Pro projects with your desktop?
- Go to the Remote tab.
- Login with your Altizure account.
- Find the Pro project you want to sync, and click the sync button. When the synchronization is finished, the sync button will be marked up with a tick.
- If the sync fails from some network problem, please click the sync button again.
What will be synchronized with the desktop?
- The 3D models.
- The measurements you have marked up in the Altizure studio.
- The annotations you have created in the setup page.
What can I do with Altizure Desktop?
- Synchronize & View your Pro projects offline.
- Take measurement in distances, areas, volumes offline.
- Check GPS or local coordinate of the models offline.
- Toggle the rendering mode among textured shaded / flat shaded / wireframe offline.
As the projects need to be downloaded from Altizure, these powerful features are only for Pro projects.
How to pack the synchronized data for backup or sharing?
- Go to the Remote tab.
- Find the synchronized project, and click the Open synced folder button.
- Pack everything listed in the folder to a zip file.
- Now you can backup this zip file or deliver it to your clients who can later unzip and load it into Altizure Desktop.
How to add a packed synchronized data to Altizure Desktop?
- Download and install the Altizure Desktop if you have not done so.
- Unzip the packed data.
- Go to the Local tab.
- Click the Add to Local button, and select the unzipped folder.
- The project will be listed in the Local tab for your quick access.
Can Altizure Desktop reconstruct 3D from images?
No. All 3D reconstruction is computed on altizure.com. Altizure Desktop helps you to manage your Pro projects on your computer offline.