- Compress a single PLY point-cloud into a zip file.
- Log in altizure.com, click Create and select New Project ->Third-Party Model -> Point-cloud Model.
- On the upload page, upload the
.zipfile package for conversion. A mail notification will be sent to the registered mailbox upon completion of the conversion.
- Supported importing types: the point-cloud generated by the AltiOne/private cloud and the third party PLY point-cloud model.
- The point-cloud generated by the Altizure platform can directly be uploaded in the compressed package. Regarding to those point-clouds generated by non-Altizure platform, please ensure that each compressed package contains only one
- Make sure the file name format is xxx.zip, xxx.z01, xxx.zip.001, no Chinese characters or space are included.
- Support uploading the sub-volume compressed files, please ensure that each volume size does not exceed 2GB.
- You need to manually click the [ Start ] button after uploading.
- Make sure that your zip file can be successfully decompressed by 7zip.
Q: Can the zip file have more than one PLY files?
A: No, now only one PLY file can be included.
Q: What can be done when the uploaded files exceed the upload limit of single file at 2GB?
A: By virtue of compression tools like winzip / winrar / 7zip, choose a volume compression and set volume size to about
300MB, finally upload these sub-volume compressed files to the project.
Q: How to add the geographical coordinates to the hand-made model?
A: You could write a
config.jsonfile and compress it with the PLY file in the same file. Import the compressed file to the altizure.com. Please refer to the Import Hand-made obj Model tutorial for
config.jsonfile format details.
Q: Which geographical coordinate system can be supported currently?
A: Now only local and ENU coordinate systems can be supported (details refer to the Import Hand-made obj Model tutorial). The other coordinate systems, such as UTM coordinate system, are considered a local coordinate system. In order to obtain the longitude and latitude correctly, it is necessary to import the models to a planet with a local coordinate system function.
Q: How can the imported point cloud model be used?
A: For relatively small objects (such as wire), the Photogrammetric Model may not be able to restore accurately, but it can be presented in the Point-cloud Model. Thus, the point cloud models can be imported into Altizure Planets for further operations like measurement and annotation.
Q: A common format of point-cloud file is las, so how shall we convert a laser las file into a ply file?
A: The las file can be converted into ply format via the third-party software (e.g. CloudCompareStereo) and then uploaded to altizure.com.
PS: How to convert the las file into ply format?
Import the las file into CloudCompareStereo.
When the model file is selected, save it as
Upon completion of the conversion, compress it as
.zipfile and upload it to altizure.com.